At the Montreal auto show today, the Automobile Journalists Association of Canada (AJAC) announced the top-three finalists for each of the 2017 Canadian Car of the Year and Utility Vehicle awards.
They were selected by AJAC member jurors based on four days of intensive back-to-back testing at and around Canadian Tire Motorsports Park (formerly Mosport) last October.
From that process, the ‘Best New’ vehicles in eight categories were announced in December and these finalists were chosen from those winners.
The three finalists for Canadian Car of the Year are:
- BMW M2 – Best New Premium Sports/Performance Car
- Hyundai Elantra – Best New Small Car
- Volkswagen Golf Alltrack – Best New Large Car
The three finalists for Canadian Utility Vehicle of the Year are:
- Chrysler Pacifica – Best New Large Utility
- Mercedes-Benz GLC 300 4Matic – Best New Premium Utility
- Subaru Forester – Best New Small Utility
The overall 2017 Canadian Car and Utility Vehicle of the Year winners will be announced at the Canadian International Auto Show in Toronto on February 16, 2017.