According to Lexus, the company got a last minute call from Santa reporting that his reindeer had all gone AWOL,, just ahead of their big night out,
"I need a self-propelled sleigh with every bell and whistle to complete my task of delivering toys to all the good boys and girls around the world," said Santa.
"We couldn’t bear the thought of leaving the big guy high and dry," said a Lexus spokesperson, so the company's engineers sprang into action. The result is the ‘Lexus Flying Luxury Cruiser,’ or LFLC for short.
Features of the LFLC include:
- An advanced Lexus Hybrid Drive system with 800 reindeerpower which creates fewer emissions than even a single reindeer. It also features an EV mode to allow Santa to stealthily land on every rooftop
- Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert to make Santa aware of any objects around him (like chimneys) to ensure safe maneuvering
- Advanced Pre-Collision System to gauge if Santa is approaching an object too quickly in which case it will slow down and stop the Cruiser, helping prevent Grandma from getting run over
- Lexus Navigation System with e-Destination so Santa can send all the addresses for the nice children to his Cruiser in advance
- Lexus Enform with a Pandora playlist that includes all Santa’s favorite tunes from "Grinch Live from Whoville," "Frosty and the Snowmen" and the ever-popular band "Ebenezer and the Scrooges"
- A large, red LED and infrared light with stereo cameras for the front of his sleigh so he can see on a foggy night without Rudolph.
Of course, the LFLC comes with a lifetime warranty and Lexus’ 24-Hour Roofside Assistance for Santa and Mrs. Claus’ peace of mind.
So, in spite of the reindeer's untimely antics, all will be well when Santa sets off on his gloabal journey tonight.
"I can’t thank Lexus enough for making sure all the girls and boys around the world have a great Christmas," said Santa, with a twinkle in his eye. "You’ll go down in history."